Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2010

Puppenstube - 1963 Quelle - roombox

aus meiner Sammlung

Mein erster Einrichtungsversuch mit Modella-Plastik-Möbeln von Anfang der 60er.
Links soll wohl eine Küche hin,
deshalb die angedeutete Fliesenwand,
mir fehlte aber noch ein schöner Raum für das ungewöhnliche Bett.
Das Fenster ist aufgemalt. 
My first roombox with Modella plastic furniture of about 1963.
On the left should be a kitchen,
I suppose, because of the tiled wall,
but I need a room for the unusual bed.
The window is painted on the wall.

aus meiner Sammlung

Den Hersteller der Stube kenne ich nicht,
sie wurde in diesem Karton von Quelle verschickt.
The box of the big mail order firm Quelle
in which the doll roombox was sent to the customer.



Quelle Katalog 1963


Hier ist eine Katalogabbildung.
Rechts werden ähnliche Modella-Möbel im Set angeboten.

 Früher sortierte ich Plastikmöbel gleich aus und
kaufte möglichst nur die "wertvolleren" Holzmöbel,
aber seit einiger Zeit bin ich dem Design von gut gefertigten Kunststoffmöbeln verfallen.
Die Tagesdecke des Bettes und die Verkleidung des Frisiertischs
waren ursprünglich in einem flattrigen dünnen rosa-gepunkteten Stoff,
auf dem letzten Foto zu sehen, mal sehen, ob ich einen ähnlichen Stoff finde.
 There was a time when I discarded all plastic furniture from my collection
and I only kept the "valuable" wooden items
but that attitude has changed very much.
The bed cover and the dressing table's curtain were of a thin pink dotted cloth,
to be seen on the last picture,  I hope I will find something similar.

aus meiner Sammlung

aus meiner Sammlung

Das aufgemalte Fenster.
The painted window.

aus meiner Sammlung

aus meiner Sammlung

Das Wohnzimmer ist ebenfalls nur mit Modella-Möbeln aus dieser Zeit eingerichtet.
Die Bilder zeigen die typischen Märchenmotive.
Furniture of Modella only.
Pictures showing scenes of fairytales.

 

"Das Spielzeug" 1959
Ad of 1959

Die alten Modella-Möbel wurden entweder kaum aufgehoben
 oder gingen schnell kaputt, 
sie sind seltener zu finden als Holzmöbel aus dieser Zeit.
The old plastic furniture of Modella survived only very rarely,
either it was not kept on purpose ("just plastic") or it broke quickly.
It is more difficult to find than wooden furntiture of the same period.



"Das Spielzeug" 1960
 
 

 
Eine Einrichtungsvariante mit Crailsheimer-Möbeln


Alle Fotos, die mit "aus meiner Sammlung" gekennzeichnet sind:
 Creative Commons Lizenzvertrag

5 Kommentare:

  1. I imagine the pretty pink and white bedroom set was popular with little girls in the 60s. Thanks for sharing this as I have never seen it before.

    So much of the plastic furniture sold in the US during the 60s was bright like the yellow and red living room set....did the marketing firms give the public what they wanted?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love this modella furniture, especially the bed and the chairs. Unlike plastic furniture by Kleeware and Renwal and Marx and so on, it's not solid, one-piece furniture - it has functional doors (well, the wardrobe does!!), and very delicate fretwork. Also, it's in a more modern style than a lot of Kleeware pieces. I'd love to have some myself! I hope it didn't survive well because it was delicate and well-loved, rather than discarded!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hm, irgendwie cool aber eben auch "very plastic" ;D Ich hatte in meiner Kindheit anscheinend auch einige Modell Plastik Sachen, denn einiges weniges hat überlebt und ist in der Kiste mit allem was nicht Lundby war, aufgehoben worden - z.b. so ein Märchenbild und ein ähnliches Regal/Tischchen. Ich weiß noch das es ja in meiner Kindheit normal war dies ganze Plastikzeug zum Spielen zu haben. Ich erinnere mich noch heute an den Gruch (der Chemie & Weichmacher?!) - war ja schick und modern :) Aber sobald ich die Lundby Sachen bekommen hatte, habe sogar ich als Kind erkannt, das es eben doch Qualitätsunterschiede gibt...

    Ich könnte dir hellcreme/gelben Flatterstoff mit roten & blauen Punkten aus dieser Zeit anbieten (Original 60ziger, es ist ein Rest vom Bezug meiner Wiege)... aber paßt farblich vllt. nicht so ganz? Schreib mir wenn du etwas davon magst.

    Schönes WE, Nicola

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks for your comments and offers for help - s.o. even volunteered to sew for me, so sweet! I will try my luck myself and will tell you about my progress or failings.
    Yes, I remember the attitude to toys made of plastic - it hasn't changed much, has it? Doll furniture from Jean, Barbie or Baby Born will quickly be discarded whereas the wooden ones of Selecta and so on survive much longer.
    The first products out of plastic were of low quality because there was still much research to do in regard of durability or keeping the same colour over the years, that is perhaps a reason more for discarding those toys more readily.
    However, today, when I sent my finished Bodo-Hennig-book to the publishing firm for photo books, I decided to dedicate my new (private) photo book to Modella and I hope I will find out more about it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hello
    I am definitively a vintage miniature plastic furniture fan (wood doesn't "move" me as plastic does, except maybe some Christian Hacker chairs of white painted wood with lilac fabric...).
    I love Modella, Galba, Crailsheimer, Marx Little Hostess, Ideal, etc. and pieces from the mid 40s to the early 70s...
    Thank you so much Die Puppenstubensammlerin for sharing this passion for Modella, etc. with us !

    AntwortenLöschen